Thursday, June 16, 2011

Why I love this house...

If our house had cheeks, I'd pinch them like the crazy old Italian lady I truly am. There are so many great things about this house, I just can't wait to bring it back to its former glory.

Doorway between living room and dining room. Before it was painted. I'd like nothing more than to take down all of those sconces and strip the paint off them, but I have no idea how they're stuck to the wall.

The "living room" upstairs. I'm going to use this room as my bedroom since it's so gorgeous. Still have all three of the leaded glass windows!

My view from those windows.

Built-in dresser in the closet.

Awesome coat/shoe closet thingy upstairs.

Door to the downstairs living room from the front door of the house. I can't wait to restore it. Or possibly steal it if my mom doesn't want it.

The house is coming along, we definitely still have a lot to do, so it'll be a hot mess for the next few weeks as we're living and working in there. Luckily, my mom will have two weeks off in the beginning of July to get things done. And I'll be able to do a lot of work in the mornings before I have to go to work in the afternoon.

I'm really over trying to clean these floors though.

1 comment: