Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day Whatever, I'm crap at updating...

The last week or so has just been utter madness. The big furniture/appliance move is two days away; my mom doesn't think we're going to have enough help to save this from being a huge back-breaking disaster.

We started pulling up the carpet this week, which was an adventure. The bedrooms didn't have padding down, so the carpet came up pretty easily and we just need to pull up the carpet staples (hate) and clean the floor. But the dining room was a total mess. The padding was stuck down in places so badly we ended up--at the suggestion of a Home Depot employee--covering it in a mixture of fabric softener and water and then scraping it up with a putty knife. The upstairs bedrooms weren't that bad, thankfully, because if I had to get covered in more carpet padding sludge, I think I'd cry.

So now, I'm just going to show some photos, so I don't have to be clever. My brain hurts.

Dining room floor. All of the nasty bits are carpet padding stuck to the floor. Also where the stain had worn off.

Bedroom, post carpet removal.

Bane of my existence. I want to punch these staples in the eye.

I'm going to actually end here and do another post with some of my happy photos from the house.

1 comment:

  1. I never get what possesses people to cover up old wood floors!

    ReplyDelete